Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Putu Piring

J: I've never had putu piring in my life because i thought its just the malay version of tutu kueh. Little did i know that not only do they taste different, their texture r quite different too. The texture of the putu piring is more powdery n less sticky than tutu kueh. Traditionally, the fillings for tutu kueh can be peanut or coconut but nowadays u can find some innovative ones with chocolate fillings etc. The filling used in putu piring is gula melaka. U gotta eat putu piring when its still piping hot because the gula melaka literally oozes out when u cut it open! Sweet satisfaction but can be tad too sweet for my liking. I'm not a fan of grated coconut but sis said that it tasted better when paired with grated coconut.

A: I first thought that putu piring was actually a larger version of tutu kueh. haha. I love anything with gula melaka! And this definitely satisfy my sweet tooth apart from the ondeh ondeh.

J's ratings: 4.25/5
A's ratings: 4.5/5

Putu Piring
Banquet Food Centre
Blk 12 Haig Road
Daily 12noon to 10.30pm
closed on the 2nd Tuesday of the month

No comments:

Post a Comment